Redundant manual data entry of quote information and customer information in Salesforce and in Ceres Works.
- Due to the use Salesforce for forecasting and Ceres Works to manage their business operations.
Operations feels that most of the time they lack sufficient information to execute orders due to following reasons:
- Disconnect between the two systems – no direct integration between Salesforce and Ceres Works.
- Sales reps often forget to enter required information when they are manually entering order information in Ceres Works.
- Sometimes there is some information that is required to be collected in the sales process itself and the sales reps forget to collect this information from the customer. Example: Operations always requires crop type while scheduling flights because crop type impacts execution plans based on weather conditions.
Along with an internal sales team, they have a network of distributors who sell Ceres’s products to farmers but there is no tool for the distributors to enter their order information.
- Most of the time this information is communicated via emails and spreadsheets and it becomes hard for them to track these orders.
- They realized the need for a platform where distributors can order their products and inquire about order status.
Once they get the orders, Operations must manually schedule flights for each farmer, for each field and later change the schedules if required based on the availability of pilots.
- They wanted the initial scheduling process to be automated.